Friday, May 4, 2012

Welcome Summer, Watermelon Fresca

This is my first summer in Cincy & it has started EARLY! All week it has been >80F/25C! And they say its only going to get hotter & more humid. I feel like we moved to Florida! The air condition has been pumpin'.

Okay so I am a huge watermelon fanatic. Jumped the gun & bought a watermelon a few weeks back that wasn't so sweet & juicy on the inside. Cut it up & put in the fridge....it was just okay; but the next day it tasted like watermelon flavored potatoes. I couldn't throw it away, oh how I missed this fruit. Googled a few recipes to make a refreshing smoothie and put this together. It was GREAT!!!



serves about 6



  • 6 cups seedless watermelon chunks
  • 4 tablespoons frozen limeade/lemonade concentrate
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed ice (or 1c. water)


  • blend all ingredients together and voila all done!

    (I used frozen lemonade concentrate from Trader Joe's that does not contain high fructose corn syrup, just plain ol' sugar.)

    disclaimer: I grabbed the photo off Google Images, I cheated, I know....didn't have time to take a pic!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment