Friday, July 27, 2012

Polenta Shrimp Creole


I sometimes have impulse buys at the grocery stores when I walk up the aisles and look for something 'interesting' to make. I was at Trader Joe's and saw the tube of polenta and thought for sure I would use it right away. It stood in my pantry for at least a month before I stumbled upon it again, and decided to clear the space and give it a try. Googled a recipe for it and saw this one on Huffington Post. Read on there that polenta used to be the food of the poor, but now has gained popularity in many high-end restaurants. I knew my husband wouldn't be too impressed with this dish, so when he asked what we were having I said "Shrimp Creole" I left the polenta part out on purpose. When he came into the kitchen and saw the plate presented before him, he wrinkled his nose and asked what is HE going to eat. I said "watch you will eat it, you will like it, and you will ask for more." And surprisingly he did like it, and he did ask for more!! :)
the ingredients, only 5!

my little partner in crime, always watching momma work in the kitchen

sauteing the veggies
 (had some mushrooms so decided to add them in as well)

getting the polenta ready

again, the final masterpiece

link to the recipe:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/shrimp-creole-polenta_n_1056861.html
link to the 10 other quick & easy recipes featuring polenta:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/polenta-recipes_n_1186914.html

No comments:

Post a Comment