Saturday, September 13, 2014

Boneless BBQ "Wings"


I love when my momma comes over with a new recipe she wants to try. Score! Plus, she is always willing to clean up. I would cook 3 course meals everyday but its the clean up I dread. Oh to have a clean up crew like Martha Stewart! These Boneless BBQ Wings are made out of chicken tenders. You can leave them without the sauce for little tikes to dip in ketchup like chicken nuggets. I also loved the Applebee's Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl, so I will include the home-made copy-cat orange sauce at the very end. I once cooked lunches for my husband's office (yes, I am crazy, I signed up to cook 6 grown men for pocket change.....let's just say I took a leave of absence after one month and never returned!). I made them the Orange Chicken Bowl and they could not believe that it was from scratch. After making theses Boneless BBQ Wings, I knew I would try them with the orange sauce as well. There are so many variations to how to coat the chicken that really....the sky is your limit!!

This dish can be a great appetizer or part of the main meal


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. paprika
Weber's Kickin' Chicken -optional
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (or more)

Directions:
1. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika garlic powder (I also add Weber's Kickin' Chicken spice as well for a nice kick). Coat chicken tenders in flour mixture and let stand in the refrigerator for about an hour. I put all the chicken & flour mixture in a tupperware with a lid and shake to evenly coat chicken.
2. After taking the coated chicken out of the fridge and a lot of the flour was absorbed, coat again with a little more flour and shake.
3. Heat a frying pan with oil. Fry up the chicken.
4. Coat fried chicken with BBQ sauce or whatever sauce your little heart desires.

the ingredients

cutting the chicken into 1" pieces

seasoning the chicken

adding the flour to coat

sauteing some veggies for the side

why does everything taste better fried!?


love me a busy cooktop!

serve as an easy appetizer

told you it was kid-friendly ;)




Applebee's Rice Pilaf:

Ingredients for the Rice Pilaf



Poor quality pic, but the only one
 I saved from my days of being the lunch chef.

For the recipe --- Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl and Rice Pilaf



2 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious, and they'd be perfect for Summer barbecues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cafe and Restaurant is the main thing.App shows you all the restaurants and nightlife options in your city.Share your food journey with the world, Checkin at Restaurants & Cafes. http://redcent.com.au/category/cafes-and-restaurants-parramatta

    ReplyDelete