Monday, August 4, 2014

Baked Cheesy Ravioli


Ooey goey cheesy goodness.
I had this dish while visiting my dear friend, Lily, in Chicago and I have been making this dish many years after. Thank you for the inspiration!!
This dish is easy to make, and definitely delicious! I buy fresh ravioli at Costco. They sell it as a two pack, so I boil off one pack, and throw the other one in the freezer for later (when I am pulling my hair out, its 5pm and I don't know what to make for dinner!) LIFE. SAVER. 

Ingredients:
1 pckg. ravioli (fresh or frozen)
1/2 small onion, diced
8 oz. portabella mushrooms, sliced
4 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
2 handfuls spinach, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp pesto (or to taste)
Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese 

Directions:
1. Put pot to boil for ravioli (follow pckg cooking instructions) and preheat oven to 375F
2. Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil. Add cherry tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic & pesto; let boil for a few minutes. (I do not have spinach in the photos below, but it does add a nice flavor. Add it at the very end when sauce has boiled over and spinach has wilted.)
3. Pour sauce over boiled (and drained) ravioli; gently mix for even distribution. 
4. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove foil, load on the cheese and bake an addition 5 minutes uncovered.

**short-cut tip: I always keep pesto and sauteed mushrooms in the freezer and am so so thankful that I do when I need to put together last minute meals! I went into detail on how I do this in my Pesto Rose Mushroom Chicken Pasta If I remember to defrost the mushrooms great, if not then I throw them in the microwave, press the 'defrost' button and I am good to go. The pesto I just chip off a big chunk add it to the sauce it will melt right in!


most of the ingredients
sauteing the veggies, really anything goes!

always love a busy stove top, boiling off the ravioli as well.

the more cream, the better

added the cream sauce to the ravioli
CHEESE....no other caption needed

after taking it out of the oven.


all done. ready to dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment