Friday, May 10, 2013

Endive Fig Appetizer





Got this little inspiration from a quick stop at Whole Foods. They were giving out samples of this appetizer and I immediately fell in love with the light, sweet & crunchy taste. Super easy too!

The base is endive leaves
then goat cheese (I bought honey goat cheese)
fig paste
sliced/slivered almonds

viola!
done!
that's it!!
enjoy!





I really wish I took a picture of the fig paste I bought at Whole Foods (bc of course they were not handing out free samples for nothing, they were promoting too!). It was in a small brick-like package in the cheese aisle. I liked the fact that I just sliced it and put it on the cheese, less of a mess than trying to spread jam. Next time I am there I will need to search for it and take a pic! But in case you cannot find that particular one, you can use fig jam, apricot jam, etc. Whatever your little heart desires.

ran out of endive leaves, so used thin crackers, improvisation at its best.



No comments:

Post a Comment