Monday, March 7, 2011

Satisfying Beef Barley Stew

I recently went to Williams-Sonoma "Soup for Supper" cooking class, and instantly feel in love with the Beef Barley soup. These classes are great because they are FREE. They actually make the soup in front of you, giving you tips and best of all: give you a sample....just to wet your palette. They also made a Carrot Ginger soup and let us try their jarred Tuscan White Bean Soup they sell in the store....yum, that was my lunch.



What I love best about this soup: very tender beef, the mushrooms give it an earthly balance and barley...very healthy :) Pair along side with a grilled cheese sandwich....soup for supper!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/beef-barley-soup.html  <--link to the recipe
**I did not use the butter in the recipe, I sauteed my onions & mushroom in olive oil

1 comment: