Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Extra Protein Scrambled Eggs


1 egg
2 egg whites
portobello mushrooms
1 Tbsp cottage cheese
parsley or any herbs on hand
garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

I always have sauteed mushroom in the fridge. I buy a huge thing of sliced portobello mushrooms at Costco, saute them in the beginning of the week, and then add them to my cooking throughout the week as I go along. I love mushrooms! Plus it saves time. I saute them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar with some salt & coarse black pepper.
For the scrambled eggs I throw the mushrooms in a frying pan with some cooking spray, while I mix up the rest of the ingredients in a sm. bowl. Once the mushrooms had some time to heat up, I add the egg mixture. Allow to the eggs to set for a few min on med. heat, don't over cook because your eggs will be dry. But the cottage cheese actually melts and is yummy.


Cottage cheese is great to include in your balanced-diet because it a good protein source and low in fat, read more on why its good for you...http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-cottage-cheese/#

No comments:

Post a Comment