Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Prepare to be Amazed Green Smoothie

I follow a raw food website/blog: learnrawfood.com by Jennifer Cornbleet
 and they were featuring this smoothie made with spinach. I eat a spinach salad almost every day and like to get another dose of all the jam-packed nutrients through a smoothie....why not if you are willing to experiement? There were no pictures, so I was picturing a green smoothie in my head, but was pleasantly surprised that it came out a lovely purple, because of the blueberries...duh! But here is the great part: you cannot even taste the spinach....if you did not see the pictures your tastebuds would be fooled as well!















Here is the recipe:
1/4c. water
1 sm. ripe banana
1c. frozen blueberries
1/2 orange, peeled & sectioned
1/2c. spinach leaves

Blend & Enjoy....its that simple!

3 comments:

  1. can you taste the spinach in there? i would think it would taste bad, but looking at the final product it looks good. plus its so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you actually cannot taste the spinach, the banana and blueberry over power the smoothie, that is why I was so impressed with it! Give it a tray....and be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make mine with different fruits, whatever I have and I also add some plain yogurt, just a little bit to have it more smoothie-like I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete