Monday, January 21, 2013

Cajun Jambalaya



I am starting to become a big fan of the slow-cooker! Just toss everything in and go. Come home to a house smelling like you have spent all day in the kitchen. I usually leave out the veggies, saute them at the very end and mix them in once everything is done. I do not like soggy vegetables, so I found this way keeps them fresh & crispy. In this recipe I mixed all the ingredients together except the green bell pepper. 






I made this recipe when I was cooking lunch for my husband's office (long story) and I think this was one of their favorite meals!! It is worth a try. Make sure you use chorizo sausage, it gives the dish a lot of flavor & spice. I omitted the shrimp because they have a strict no seafood policy (well they just don't like how it smells when you heat it up in the microwave).

No comments:

Post a Comment