Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cashew Chicken

    I was in a nutty mood...had some cilantro in the fridge that was going to go bad very soon and chicken marinated ready to go. I was pouring over my cookbooks trying to figure out what to make. And I am so glad I chose this recipe, so yummers :)

   I have been a dedicated Cooking Light Magazine subscriber for years, and would rip out & put into a folder the recipe that I liked and would probably make in the future. Then about once a year I would sit down cut the frayed edges off (yes I am a bit OCD), organize them and put them into a well-categorized binders. I have 7 (3-ring) blinders thus far, and had canceled my subscription before my daughter was born. It takes a lot of time to do this type of organization, and I knew would be tempted to stash away good recipes; so this way I am actually making use of all my recipe collections. And since she was born I have been really good about sitting down on Fridays, pouring over my cookbooks & binders and creating a weekly menu for everyday of the following week. Then go grocery shopping on the weekend (ONCE) and have a well stocked fridge for all my meals, and not darting back and forth to the grocery store bc I do not have the one ingredient. This method has really paid off and does not cause the usual stress-full question: 

"Ahhhh, what am I going to make for dinner!?"

Hopefully you will enjoy this recipe as much as we did, click here for the link.

The only things that I changed from the original recipe:
   -added a splash of white balsamic vinegar instead of dry sherry
   -subbed low-sodium soy sauce for the oyster sauce
No real preference, just what I had on hand ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment