Friday, September 21, 2012

Black Bean Soup...Panera Style

One of  my favorite soups from Panera Bread is their Black Bean. So one day when I was there and enjoying it, I thought to myself, "this cannot be difficult to make". I looked online, yep...definitely easy to make! I got the recipe from Spark People Recipes. The only changes I made was that I cooked my own beans while they used canned; and I used vegetable bouillon cubes instead of chicken. I was so pleased with the results of this soup that I used the same recipe base but I subbed the black beans for red lentils. Again...delicious.

The final product with some sour cream, avocado, cilanto sprigs
& a side of corn bread

Cooking my own black beans...remember to soak overnight if
you decide to take this route

The soup ingredients

saute, saute, saute

All done and ready to be eaten :)

(p.s.- for the soup recipe click on the Spark People Recipe link in blue above ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment