Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2 ingredient Beet Salad...got your attention??

The 2 main ingredients for this salad...you guessed it: boiled beets and pickles!

  • I don't consider olive oil, sea salt and crackled black pepper ingredients because we add a sprinkle there, a splash here (plus they are used so frequently in most recipes)! 
  • This is a knock off on the traditional Ukrainian "Vinaigrette Beet Salad" where some also add boiled potatoes, kidney beans, or even mushrooms.
I am keeping it simple and QUICK
  • I boil the beets in water for about an hour until I can easily pierce them with a knife. (I scrub the beets prior to boiling, and peel them after).
  • After they cool, I grate both the beets and pickles. Season them with sea salt & pepper then drizzle some olive oil. Mix until well combined. Chill and Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Vinaigrette and am so excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete